Why do I need a Primary Care Doctor? What can they do for me?
Primary care is the provision of general medical advice and treatment. Physicians in this area focus on patient-centered, team-based, community-aligned practices. These programs and processes are designed to achieve better health, accessible care, and lower costs.
25% of Millennials rely on their friends and family for health info – Harris Poll
What can I do to maintain my general health?
The basics; we should have a full physical every year.
What should I ask my doctor?
- Blood tests (thyroid and female hormones levels, thyroid, vitamin D, cholesterol/lipid panel)
- Am I in menopause?
- Am I up to date on my vaccinations?
- What is my risk of developing heart disease?
- Am I on schedule for basic cancer screening?
- Diabetes: What are my blood sugar numbers?
- Kidney: ØC Blood test to make sure there is good kidney functioning
- How much are tests and how can I be sure my insurance covers the cost?
Supporting Source: aafp.org