Submit Your Story
We thank you for your interest in contributing your story. We created Forty Fifty for people who identify as female aged 40-59, but all are welcome to share in this space.
Please submit your story, and we'll be in touch. We attempt to respond to every submission within a month, though response times may vary. Therefore, there is no need to follow up. The parameters are as follows:
- An essay should be 400-600 words.
- Essays should include your name, age, and story title.
- Essays must be entirely true. There are no exceptions to this rule. Do not use pseudonyms (including for yourself), composite characters, or invented situations or scenes.
- We will, however, allow published essays to be listed as "Anonymous" if that is preferred.
- Essays can be previously published. Work that has appeared online — on another news website, a personal blog, Medium, or elsewhere — is considered previously published.
- Forty Fifty will edit essays in consultation with writers.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com, and we will get back to you within one week.
We are honored you are considering sharing your story with this community and look forward to building this space together.